About Bishop Arts Theatre Center
The BATC offers a full season of theater performances, jazz concerts, a speaker series, and year-round arts education programs and has touted as being a cultural oasis for the next generation of acclaimed writers, directors, performers, and arts administrators. Each year, the BATC impacts over 20,000 a year within the city of Dallas.
Our mission is to cultivate a diverse and vibrant arts community while creating opportunities for local and emerging artists through performances and education.
The specific objectives and purposes of this corporation are to:
- provide cultural and artistic opportunities to individuals who have been marginalized and children who live in at-risk communities,
- use theater as a platform for social change and to raise awareness about issues that are important to our community,
- provide instruction in theatre, acting, dance and other art forms,
- sponsor special events involving public performances of plays, musicals, dances, and other art forms with various community performing art groups in order to broaden the cultural experience to a more diverse group, and
- directly engage and to facilitate others to engage in the promotion of the arts, generally.